Friday, April 3, 2009

Piracetam - More info and reviews

I started taking Piracetam by buying generic versions of it.
  1. Knowful.
    This is a cheaper version available in pharmacies in Malaysia. It's around RM1 per 800mg pill.
  2. Nootropil.
    This is a slightly more expensive version, also available in Malaysian pharmacies.
  3. OGB Dexa. No brand name. Just called Piracetam. Comes in 800mg pills or 400mg capsules. This is available in pharmacies in indonesia. Very cheap. About RM0.30 per 800mg pill.
I have found no real difference between the pills. With the OGBDexa pills, because it is so much cheaper, I am more liberal in trying different doses. I am now trying different doses like 3 800mg pills in the morning and 2 800mg pills in the afternoon.

I've read that Piracetam also comes in powder form which is really cheap. You can order it online. As far as I know there are no reports of fake piracetam.

I am starting to take choline supplements to boost the effects of Piracetam. When I first started taking Piracetam, I had mild headaches. They were like pressure at the back of head near the neck. I then found out that by taking Piracetam, you will deplete the choline in your body. So taking choline supplements like Lecithin will increase the effectiveness of Piracetam. I also found that it made me more frisky, if you know what I mean. So is it an aphrodisiac? Hmmmm,, need more experiments with it :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sir, i am Malaysian, may i know in which pharmacy can i buy this? do i need to ask at counter or just look for it? is it need prescription?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i actually found a pharmacy in Ipoh that sells Piracetam (Nootropil 800mg/1200mg by GlaxoSmithKline) in Ipoh. I'm not sure about the other pharmaceutical stores in Malaysia but the specific shop in Ipoh does not need doctor's prescription to purchase it.

      Delete